Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Baby-Doll Dress Debate

I have to say I was quite annoyed by the article on the New York Post. To sum it up, the author explains her loathing over the last few season's trends of baby doll dresses. One of her defenses was that all "men don't like it". To back up this point (very "scientifically" I might add), she goes to the valuable source of a man who says "I like all types of asses and a pair of jeans that really contours to it. I’m not going to hate on baby-dolls, but nothing beats a good ass.” Is it just me or is this whole entire article just ridiculous? Now I'm not going to pretend like I'm some expert on journalism, but this article just made me want to laugh hysterically while grabbing my bat and beating my computer screen with it.
The bottom line is that YES baby doll dresses can make you look pregnant, but it all depends on the construction of it. Not everyone is gifted with a 24" waist, including me. I, for example, depend on these silhouettes to "fake" a smaller waist. Empire waists to my knowledge, is what makes the dress and it is because of this empire waist that it usually slims down a figure (the cumberbund effect). The more the dress is separated into three different parts, the thinner you would look!

4 comments:

Fashion boy said...

Hiiiiii

Your blog is very coolll and your clothes are very beautiful!!!! it seems that you are a fashion girl!!!

I will be happy if you visit my blog!!

SEe youuuuuuu

Fashion boy

fashionmodeboy.blogspot.com

Diana Coronado said...

Really nice dress, jeje and I like the dog of ur avatar

Anonymous said...

Lovely dresses u got....I like baby dolls....something abt it that make u look unique

PHV said...

I agree with you! First of all, I dress for myself.. not so my butt can get the attention of some stupid guy. Second, I love the idea that clothes can have a shape of their own (while "fixing" some of our little non-24" waist problems that we may have). And third, why is that sexist rant even being published by the Post? Ugh.

Have a good one ;)

miniskirtmurder.blogspot.com.